Saharan Africa | The
Caribbean Basin | Other World Regions | Business
Tools for Global Trade | International
Trade News |
This Site to a Friend
- Important Announcement - We refer our readers who are involved in global trade and have any connections with the USA, to read this important news item that appeared in our Newsletter of 1 November 2015, Item # 1. Click here.
Global Marketplace for Products & Services"
US Government also maintains extensive information on more than 267 countries
in its comprehensive "World Factbook." Click
here and use the pull down Menu for the listing of the country you are researching.
The extensive information includes, geography, people, government, economy,
communications, and transportation, military and transnational issues.
you plan to visit any of the countries listed in our World Directory,
check this overview of that country regarding currency, culture, dangers when
visiting, local useful contacts, and much more. Click
Profiles - Countries profiled from around the world. The Internet's best
source of data on countries, including, flags, history, and weather, plus much
more. Click here
an unbiased overview of every country of the world, with interesting historical
details, trade opportunities, warnings and local links, visit the British
Foreign & Commonwealth Office
This is a handy list of "formerly used country names," paired
with the current names. Features "names of a countries, dependencies,
and other regions of particular geopolitical interest." Also includes
links to country profiles. Click
for more details.
of the British Commonwealth of Nations - Today's Commonwealth is an association
of 53 countries. Its 1.8 billion citizens, about 30 per cent of the world's population
are drawn from the broadest range of faiths, races, cultures and traditions. Members
range from vast countries like Canada to small island states like Malta. The Commonwealth
has three intergovernmental organisations: the Commonwealth Secretariat, the Commonwealth
Foundation, and the Commonwealth of Learning. To obtain background and profiles
of the 53 countries of the Commonwealth, visit
Nature and Poverty in Africa - This book draws on case studies from eight
different countries in Africa, the contributors to this provocative collection
of essays demonstrate quite clearly that environmental programs often have direct
and far-reaching consequences for the distribution of wealth and poverty and that
they constitute one of the major forms of foreign and state intervention in contemporary
African affairs. This book is highly recommended by the management of the Delamere
Group, as it gives some background to trade in Africa. Read Producing
Nature and Poverty in Africa
- A Very Important Business Tool is to Read & Research the Industry or Service you are Promoting - In order to accomplish this we strongly recommend that you visit the Delamere International Bookshop that represents a number of major leading book suppliers that concentrate on non-fiction books related to business, employment, marketing, investing & finance, real estate, and conducting international trade. They also keep these reliable sources of information updated on a regular basis. Also included in the online bookstore are reliable sources for Market Research Reports and Market Information & Data related to most major industries. Click here.
Global Market Research & Analytics
- This course examines the vital role of information and research in global marketing decisions. The key aim of the module is to enable students to understand the value of information, research, and analytics
, the processes involved and techniques which can facilitate the collection, analysis and interpretation of marketing data and information. Special emphasis will be put in the challenges that arise when research is conducted across borders as well as specific new trends in data analysis such as dealing with (and benefitting from) “big data” as they apply to a range of institutions with different types and scope of activities, governance structures, and size. Global Marketing Research and Analytics
Become a Global Entrepreneur - Innovative entrepreneurship tips, tricks and more. This is the entrepreneur's guide for you. In this course we will cover everything from the history of Entrepreneurship, who they are, what they do, where they come from, to the benefits and advantages of being an Entrepreneur. We will also cover how to get financing, how to start up your business, and, in a bonus lecture, some tips, tricks and ideas that will help you. Become a global Entrepreneur
Products & Goods Into the USA - Our essential guide, provides simple
and proven step-by-step methods to successfully import product into America. Ideal
for people looking to build an importing business, the guide offers quality information
and proven techniques and knowledge, until now, only available to professional
traders. The guide includes: - How to build an importing business and make money
- How to avoid getting ripped off by overseas suppliers - Hot tips to import success
and what not to do - Boot-strapping your import business for success - Resources
you just cannot do without.
Importing America - The Essential Guide
- What Time Is It Now (Select Your City & Country) - The Time Now is a major place to look for the current time of any location in the world, based on the accurate US network of cesium clocks synchronized time. We also provide other information such as daylight saving time, time zones, currencies, country calling codes, detailed weather and forecast, sunrise & sunset, moonrise & moonset, coordinates, nearby cities, nearby airports and local businesses opening times and other information when available. Click here.
- Translator Jobs from Home - Thousands of people online are discovering how doing simple translator jobs from home can be very profitable! See how they're making money doing this by signing up now! Work with established, REAL companies and individuals and you choose to get paid in US dollars or in your own currency. Click here!
- Global Parcel Delivery Services - Fastlane International offers global parcel delivery services to consumers and businesses through the world’s most reputable carriers UPS, DHL, TNT & FedEx. We have been in business for over 28 years and established a reputation of excellence within our industry. Visit Fastlane International
- Global Business - Discover success in global business today with the most strategic approach to international business topics and unique coverage not found in other books. Written by renowned international instructor and author Mike Peng, GLOBAL BUSINESS is the first truly global business book to answer the big question, "What determines the success and failure of firms around the globe?" This edition blends both an institutional-based view and resource-based view throughout every chapter for an unparalleled continuity in the learning process. The book combines an inviting, conversational style with the latest research and examples throughout every chapter. A comprehensive set of cases from Mike Peng and other respected international experts examine how companies throughout the world have expanded globally. This book is a must read for our readers and clients who want to succeed in global trade and business. Global Business
- The Centre for Rising Powers at the Department of Politics and International Relations (Cambridge University, UK) - The Centre for Rising Powers stems from the burgeoning interest in scholarly and policy circles in the emergence of new powers, the so-called BRICs (Brazil, Russia, India, and China). It is the first initiative of its kind however that goes beyond the attention to the immediate cases to focus on the fundamental theoretical and empirical puzzle: how do new powers rise, how might they be accommodated, and what impact do these interactions generate on systemic stability. Its research program is thus just as interested in the threats and opportunities posed by the rise of new powers in the past (such as Germany, Japan, the United States and the former Soviet Union in the 20th century) as the emergence of new powers today (such as India, China, and Brazil). Read more.
- How to become a Freight Broker – Freight brokers help shippers that need to move freight from point A to point B by finding a carrier (trucking company) that will haul the freight for slightly less than the shipper is willing to pay them... thus the term BROKER! In other words freight brokers, sometimes referred to as load brokers, truck brokers, or transportation brokers, are all middle men that match available shipper freight with available trucks while earning between 10% and 35% profit per shipment. That means brokers typically earn between $100 to $500 per shipment, but I have earned as much as $5,175 per shipment just for finding a truck to haul our customer's freight! Read more
- World Trade Center Utah (WTC Utah) - Our organization is a licensed and certified member of the World Trade Centers Association headquartered in New York City. The mission of WTC Utah is to guide Utah companies into profitable global markets. WTC Utah builds Utah’s international community by offering signature services: Assessment of a company’s current global position or international strategy, Education in the form of seminars and workshops to help develop global strategy, and Connections through the World Trade Center network and co-hosted local events to help in executing global strategy. In addition, WTC Utah offers customized market intelligence reports and access to the network of over 330 World Trade Centers around the globe that facilitates international trade and investment. Visit our site.
- Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) - Though the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) was officially founded in 1961, its history really begins in “the rubble of Europe after World War II.” In an unusual act of foresight and esprit de corps, European leaders recognized that the best way to ensure peace was to build cross national economic bonds. Today, the OECD is made up of 34 nations and the website offers a veritable wealth of information. Readers might like to begin with, What’s New on the homepage, or perhaps explore the Data section that compares countries across key indicators, or peruse the Economic Outlook 2014 within the Report section. A detailed explanation of how the OECD functions can be found in the About section, as well as an excellent history, a range of publications, an outline of the budget, and many other interesting insights into the workings of this important international organization. Visit this site. (From The Scout Report, Copyright Internet Scout 1994-2015)
Trade Show Displays & Exhibits - Epic Displays offers a complete line of portable, modular and custom trade show displays and exhibits. More than just a mantra or company slogan, the Epic Displays team focuses on simply one goal: to make trade shows easier for our clients. Click here
- News Behind the News - Stratfor.com is a geopolitical intelligence firm that provides strategic analysis and forecasting to individuals and organizations around the world. By placing global events in a geopolitical framework, we help customers anticipate opportunities and better understand international developments. Stratfor provides global awareness and guidance to individuals, governments and businesses around the world. We use a unique, intel-based approach to analyze world affairs. The Delamere Group uses this service to a great advantage. Make a note to read the excellent reports related to East Africa, this is a four-part series on the development of transport infrastructure in East Africa. Read more.
- The Africa Research Institute - This organization, which was founded in 2007 to think critically about issues confronting the African continent, seeks to encourage debate, question orthodoxy, and disseminate knowledge widely. The non-profit's website is a trove of knowledge about a wide range of issues. At the time of this writing, for instance, the homepage features articles about the many elections that will be taking place in Africa in 2016, as well as the governmental crisis in Nigeria and the troubles in the Kenyan economy. The page also features an excellent, regularly updated blog. In addition, readers may like to explore using the featured categories of Agriculture & Land, Cities, Culture, Economics & Finance, Elections, Governance, Health, and Law & Justice, as well as the useful search engine. Visit this site. (From The Scout Report, Copyright Internet Scout 1994-2016)
- Human Development Reports - This fascinating interactive map from the United Nations Development Program provides Human Development Reports on over 200 countries around the world. Fancy a factoid? While the United States scores number five in its ability to promote human development, with a mean income of $50,000 a year and a murder rate of less than 5 out of every 100,000 people, the prison population stands at a whopping 716 per 100,000. Compare that to Canada’s homicide rate of 1.54 and incarceration rate of 118. Other interesting tidbits gleaned from this site reveal the mean years of schooling in Kazakhstan (10.37 years) and the life expectancy in Madagascar (64 years-old). There is a lot of great educational material here, including the HDialogue section that features timely articles on issues related to human development, such as “Trans-border Vulnerabilities” and “The case for investing in early childhood.” Visit this site. (From the Scout Report)
Shows Recommended For Clients of Delamere Marketing - Trade Shows, Trade
Fairs, consumer exhibitions are now the most effective medium for the Manufacturers
to reach the ultimate buyer and understand their taste, preference and their latest
pulse. This could also be a market study to determine the trend and manufacture
products to their preference and gain market strength. Also these fairs have now
become the perfect points of sale to launch new products or schemes and ramp up
the customer base. Check
out the current list of trade shows throughout the world, every country and every
- United Nations Web TV Channel - The UN Web TV Channel is available 24 hours a day with selected live programming of United Nations meetings and events as well as with pre-recorded video features and documentaries on various global issues. This service is used extensively by the Delamere Group and has proved to be an invaluable business tool. Visit this site.
- Success in Global Business – This course will help you develop the commercial and cultural skills needed to succeed in international business. Understanding the nature of international business isn't just an academic question. Every single one of us is affected by global business. But how much do we really know about it? Based on years of experience operating business all around the world, this course will help people like you to develop a clear understanding of contemporary international business and to provide you with the skills needed to succeed in global commercial activities. The course is structured into seven modules, each covering a different aspect of global business, ranging from Globalisation, to International Law, to Import/export, to Financial Risks to Markets, Cultures and Global e--Business. Each module includes video lectures, powerpoint slide notes, web links, multiple choice quizzes and appropriate supporting material to channel your interests. You need to take this course if you are operating or are thinking of operating in the global business environment. Success in Global Business
- How to Obtain Funding in the EU (European Union) Module One - In this short course we provide the basics of how to participate in EU programmes and European grants. This is the first of three modules. In this First one we provide an overview of the whole process, what is an EU programme and the basics of how to participate and approach European grants. In the second Module we look at how to prepare a successful proposal with a view to get European grants and get the project funded. In the third module we will provide information and knowledge about how to manage a running project.. The second and the third modules are under construction and will go online in the next few months. EU funding: How to access programmes and projects - Module 1
International - This is the global civil society organisation leading
the fight against corruption, and brings people together in a powerful worldwide
coalition to end the devastating impact of corruption on men, women and children
around the world. Our mission is to create change towards a world free of corruption.
The Delamere Group is
a sponsor of this organization and recommends that all business leaders become
fully aware of this world wide problem and make a contribution to its elimination.
for a Lawyer in Africa - Bowman
Gilfillan is widely regarded as one of the premier corporate law firms in
Africa with offices in Johannesburg and Cape Town. The firm has an association
with Coulson Harney in Nairobi, Kenya. Employing more than 300 specialised lawyers
(including over 118 partners), with a total staff of over 600, the firm is recognised
for its professionalism and superior legal services plus its ‘pro bono’ work. Visit
- Transfer Money with Western Union – We provide foreign exchange solutions to businesses and individuals. Western Union Business Solutions is a global leader in foreign exchange and a trusted payments provider to clients operating in international markets. Backed by a brand with a robust financial network spanning more than 200 countries and territories, and access to over 140 currencies, we empower our clients with simple, secure and reliable cross-border payment solutions. Click here.
African Development Bank (AfDB) - The Group's mission is to help reduce
poverty, improve living conditions for Africans and mobilize resources for the
continent's economic and social development. With this objective in mind, the
institution aims at assisting African countries - individually and collectively
- in their efforts to achieve sustainable economic development and social progress.
The Delamere Group recommends
using this service. Read more.
- Special Report on Africa "Reducing Poverty and Investing in People" - How might safety nets be contributing positively to the lives of people across Africa? It's a key question for policy wonks and others and it is addressed in intense detail in this corner of the World Bank's website. Here, visitors will find a 166-page report released in February 2014 that provides copious details on how "safety nets are critical instruments for reducing extreme poverty and increasing shared prosperity." The report looks at programs in 22 countries and specifically at how donors from middle income countries contribute to these programs in Liberia, Mali, and Sierra Leone. The site also contains an executive summary, along with a slideshow and several illustrative videos. Visit this site.
& Search Programme - If for some reason you do not find the international
business resource that you are looking for within our business website, send us
an e-mail with details about
that international business resource and we will try to find it for you.
Introduction to Worldwide Suppliers - This service is the world's-leading
B2B e-commerce company. We provide merchants with an efficient, trusted platform
to connect with buyers and suppliers from around the world. We have 17 million
users, 3 million storefronts and over 3,000 product categories.
World Customs Organization - This organization aids the national economic
wealth and social protection of its Members by promoting an honest, transparent
and predictable customs environment. Click
- We publish stories, personal memories, and vintage photographs to recapture
East Africa's past. The stories in Old Africa will transport readers to an earlier
era from the time of Western interest and exploration in the area up to the mid-1960s.
to Start & Operate a Successful Import/Export Business
- The Delamere
Group has just released this business package to help you easily and quickly
start your own profitable import and export business! Check out our FREE information
kit. Click Here!
Translation Software - This powerful software allows you to Translate
Word Documents between 14 Language Pairs. You can even Translate Foreign Web Sites
while surfing. Translate Text, RTF and Microsoft® Word® documents between
14 different language pairs with My Personal Translator. Our company also offers
many other business tools. Buy
My Personal Translator
- The Delamere Group recommends this service that works in over 190 countries,
you only pay for calls as and when you make them and you get one international
phone number for life. Satellite
Profiles - Countries profiled from around the world. The Internet's best
source of data on countries, including, flags, history, and weather, plus much
more. click here
Free Translation Service - Quickly translate Microsoft Word documents,
Outlook emails and highlighted text, you also obtain an instant online quote from
Click2Translate.com, our translation services agency, and we use only high quality
translation services from our professionally trained, native speaking translators.
Media for Expats - This service is a web publishing business with offices
in London and Cape Town. They produce online destination information for travel
agencies, travel portals, airlines and relocation companies worldwide. Click
online courses on global trade and international business - Are you a
professional who is in need of some detailed research and academic publications
on business conditions in the emerging market of China? These modules provide
an in depth international component to almost any course and valuable international
business training through interactive content in functional areas such as
culture, marketing, law, agriculture, among others. Some country specific insights
are also available. Countries and regions covered, are Africa, China, Latin
America, Brazil, Japan, European Union (EU), Southeast Asia, and Middle East.
These courses have been developed by the Michigan State University Center for
International Business and Education and Research (MSU-CIBER) through a Title
VI B Grant for Business and International Education by the U.S. Department of
Education. Visit this site
and sign up for the free registration.
Trade and Emerging Markets. The focus of this study is ranking with the
market potential of 24 countries identified as "Emerging Markets"
by The Economist. The Emerging Economies comprise more than half of the world's
population, account for a large share of world output and have very high growth
rates which means enormous market potential. This site has been developed by Michigan
State University's Center for International Business Education and Research (MSU-CIBER).
MSU-CIBER has been designated as a national resource center in international business
education by the U.S. Department of Education. and is up to date with all
developments and opportunities for doing business at a global level. Our firm
Associates is registered with this service and we highly recommend that
you take advantage of these facilities. Read
Translation Software - This is a world leading provider of automated translation
software used by the Delamere Group. The company develops translation software
and dictionaries awarded by the leading computer magazines. PROMT offers translation
solutions for the home and business usage as well as for Internet and corporate
intranets. Translation online: Spanish, Portuguese, German, French, English.
NEW! English <> Spanish
translator PROMT Professional 9.0: business-class translation solution Click
the widest selection of African goods available on the web Click
Handmade Prints From Africa - Our partner imports genuine, authentic,
handmade African prints (also called "Batiks") they are individually
handcrafted, and each print is truly unique. They import prints from Uganda,
Kenya, South Africa, Mozambique, Ghana and various other African countries.
The prints are handmade by local villagers and artists in each country.
The prints use high quality cotton fabric as canvas, and the artists creatively
use wax, durable paint or spray, dried banana skins and other innovative methods
to produce artistic pieces that are unusual, unique and special. All products
are guaranteed and also come with FREE delivery. Visit our page on African
African Products - These products ranging from beadwork, home decor, office
decor, wire work, books, clothing, dolls, jewelry, music, sculptures, souvenirs
and tribal art.
Browse the online catalog.
Region and Countries Benefiting from the 'African Growth and Opportunities Act-2000"
you and your business can benefit)
note that this section of our website is under continuous review. For more information
an in-depth background and geographical examination of Africa or any other
region or country of the world and a 'zoom-in' of maps for regions or cities.
of our senior partners visits Eastern and Southern Africa on a regular basis.
If you would like representation for any of your projects or proposals to companies
in these regions, please contact us
for more details.
- Visit this BBC site that offers an in depth view of trade and developments on the African Continent. Click here.
Biography of Africa - To assist our site visitors and clients who want
to do business, or simply undertake research projects in understanding the background
to Africa, its culture, geography, national and tribal attitudes and business
morality, we strongly recommend reading this book, Africa:
A Biography of the Continent and others similar to this publication.
- Data Africa - This service is a project that aims to provide data about African countries that are south of the Sahara. The project is collaboration between three institutions: the University of Minnesota, the International Food Resource Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), and Datawheel. Together, the University of Minnesota and IFPRI head HarvestChoice, an initiative that aims to "generate data and knowledge products to support strategic investments on agricultural research and development in Africa South of the Sahara (SSA)." As of this write-up, Data Africa includes thirteen country profiles. Each country profile contains information about agricultural output, climate, health (including a number of statistics about the health of children in each country), and poverty rates. In addition, visitors can view data pertaining to specific counties within each country by selecting the county of interest in the About us section. These statistics are presented through a series of easy-to-interpret infographics. Visit this site. (From The Scout Report, Copyright Internet Scout 1994-2018)
- Africa & African Studies - Librarians, researchers, and students of African studies will find much of interest within the African collections at the Stanford University Libraries. Curated by Karen Fung, the collections feature an impressive array of materials and information about Sub-Saharan Africa. For instance, within the African studies resources section, readers will find topical items sorted both broadly and narrowly, including a list of films and videos that can be watched online or links to Africa-related News feeds from around the web. From the homepage, readers may also link to Maps of Africa, a related collection at the Stanford University Libraries featuring French, English, German, and Greek maps dating back to the mid-1600s. From the African Studies Combined Database Search to AfricaBib.Org, students, educators, and many others will find much to appreciate on this site. Visit this site.
African Wildlife Society
- EAWLS, was formed in 1961. The Kenya and Tanzania Wildlife Societies, both started
in 1956, joined together with wildlife enthusiasts from Uganda, and thus EAWLS
was born. EAWLS has been at the forefront of efforts protecting endangered and
threatened species and habitats in East Africa. Visit
- African Business Development Association (ABDAS) is an independent voluntary association that actively promotes Industry and Commerce by encouraging the establishment of new businesses, regional and international. Visit our site.
African Conservation Education Project - The idea behind the PACE
project is to help spread simple solutions to environmental problems between communities.
From fuel-saving stoves to rainwater-harvesting, compost making to forest product
certification, the project aims to share information about the environment and
the very practical ways in which people are addressing common environmental problems.
Visit their site.
facility from the Columbia University Libraries - This site presents an
on-going compilation of electronic bibliographic resources and research materials
on Africa. Materials are arranged by region and country, by
organization, or by topic (such as climate and environment,
health, and human rights). Also provides links to Africa studies programs; a directory
of African studies scholars; a list of libraries, book publishers, and book dealers
specializing in Africa; and links to electronic journals and newspapers. Visit
- Trade Shows in Africa - ExpoGroup began its operations in 1996 starting with export-oriented International Trade Exhibitions in the Middle East & Africa. Since then, it has been organizing annual trade fairs in 14 countries within the region itself. ExpoGroup has presented several other events in emerging markets such as the CIS, Australia, Latin America & India. After 15, years ExpoGroup has spread its network in more than 37 countries managing more than 20 trade fairs annually in various counties. Read more.
African Society - For students of Africa or business people requiring
more details about the Continent of Africa, this site provides invaluable information
regarding the national background, trade and culture of all countries in Africa.
This site is used extensively by the Delamere Group. Visit
How can you
help to create jobs and opportunities in countries of the Undeveloped World?
- This non-profit organization is a unique American institution that fosters professional
development of Africa's civilian and military leaders, supports democratic governance
in Africa, and facilitates long-term, continuing dialogue with and among leaders
from Africa, Europe, and the United States. Visit
has been working with poor rural African farmers and herders since 1985. They
aim to make a lasting difference to their lives by providing practical help, enabling
them to produce more food for their families. FARM (Food & Agricultural Research
Management)-Africa is registered in the UK as a charity no. 326901 and as a 501(c)3
in the USA. Visit their
site The Delamere Group
are supporters of this NGO.
International Refugee Committee - The IRC is a non-profit organization
and as such depends on the support of individuals like you to accomplish our work
for refugees worldwide. Your support will help us save lives, alleviate suffering
and restore the livelihoods of refugees in Afghanistan and in some 30 other countries
worldwide. Click here for
- Africa Finance Corporation - There is substantial demand for infrastructure assets throughout the African continent. Relative to more developed markets, returns on investment in infrastructure in Africa are actually attractive. Notwithstanding, there have been few successful infrastructure projects. One of the reasons for this has been the lack of project structuring expertise and available risk capital. It was to fill this critical void that the founders of the Africa Finance Corporation (AFC) established the organization in 2007. The corporation brings a wealth of such project structuring experience and risk capital to the market. It is already bridging the infrastructure investment gap – even amidst tighter credit markets, as discerning global investors weigh their options and consider “safer” regions. Visit this site.
- The Corporate Council on Africa (CCA) - This organization is a nonprofit, membership-based organization established in 1993 to promote business and investment between the United States and the nations of Africa. CCA is the premier American organization devoted to U.S.-Africa business relations and includes as members more than 160 companies, which represent nearly 85 percent of total U.S. private sector investments in Africa. CCA’s members range from America’s smallest to largest corporations. They represent a diverse pool of industries from Africa's most promising sectors, including agribusiness, capacity building, energy, finance, health, ICT, infrastructure and security. Visit their site.
exchange rates for African countries against the US$, click
the Country for Goods & Services Provided